AACAP Mentorship Programs
- Mentorship Network
Mentorship within Focus Groups [*Offers networking throughout the year and during the Annual Meeting.]
International Medical Graduate Caucus
AACAP Alliance on Learning and Innovation (AALI)
Annual Meeting Mentorship
Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows: Meet Life Member Mentors at the AACAP Annual Meeting
- Inaugural Annual Meeting trainee mentorship event during which trainees network with AACAP's most
distinguished senior leaders, the AACAP Life Members.
Medical Student and Resident: Career Development Forum
- Q&A with CAP professionals about training, work experience and other career information across more than
20 different specialties.
- Specialties include: Academic Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, Adolescent Psychiatry, Advocacy and PolicyMaking, Community psychiatry, Early Career Psychiatry, Electroconvulsive Therapy Treatment in CAP,
Getting Published, Integrated Care, LGBTQ in CAP, Medical Student Education, Private Practice,
Psychotherapy, Research, School Mental Health, Telepsychiatry, Training and Education, Triple Board
Program, and Women in Psychiatry.
Medical Student and Resident Breakfast
- Open to all medical students, residents, and fellows, the Medical Student and Resident Breakfast provides an
opportunity for medical students and residents to network with peers, as well as prominent child and
adolescent psychiatry mentors, in an informal setting. Guided by a program theme, an early, mid and late
career CAP selected by trainees share their career experiences and participate in a Q&A with the attendees.
Two Day Mentorship Program for Medical Students and Residents
- More than 160 trainees were paired with 40 early to senior child and adolescent psychiatrist mentors to build
relationships, share ideas, address challenges, and reflect on work-life balance.
Resource Center Meet and Greet
- Informal networking forums for trainees to meet with Training Program Directors and Committee Members,
introduce themselves, obtain expert advice from mentors, and learn about various ways to participate in
Life After Combined Training: Perspectives and Mentorship Opportunities for Triple Board and Post-Pediatric Portal
- Trainees interested in Triple Board and Post-Pediatric Portal Programs can participate in a Q&A session with
certified AACAP leaders and Members.
NEW!! Early Pipeline Workforce Development Mentorship and Networking Program
In collaboration with AACAP’s Diversity and Culture Committee and the Caucus groups, AACAP will launch a
pilot program designed to expose future generations from underrepresented communities to rewarding CAP