AACAP Educational Outreach Program for General Psychiatry Residents (former Travel Grant Program)
* The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.
Extended Application Deadline: July 13, 2020
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Educational Outreach Program (EOP) for General Psychiatry residents.
The EOP provides the opportunity for general psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience AACAP’s 67th Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA, October 19 – October 24, 2020. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(NOTE: The availability of these benefits is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.)
- Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, academic/networking sessions, an awards breakfast and focus groups.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP's 67th Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Triple Boarders at the PGY1 – PGY3 level are also eligible.
- Participants must either be members of AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP and are required to sign up as an Annual Meeting monitor.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your CV and a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applications must be submitted by 11:00 pm (PDT) on July 13, 2020 for consideration. AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.