AACAP Educational Outreach Program for General Psychiatry Residents (former Travel Grant Program)
* The award is discretionary and subject to funding availability.
The EOP provides the opportunity for general psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience the AACAP/CACAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting, October 17 – October 22, 2022. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides a reimbursable post-meeting award stipend of up to $1,000.
(NOTE: The availability of these benefits is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.)
- A post-meeting payment of $1,000 to attend the AACAP/CACAP 2022 Annual Meeting
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, academic/networking sessions, an awards breakfast and focus groups.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of AACAP/CACAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Triple Boarders at the PGY1 – PGY3 level are also eligible.
- Participants must either be members of AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP and are required to sign up as an Annual Meeting monitor.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your CV and a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: July 8, 2022
For more information contact the AACAP Department of Research, Workforce and Grants at 202-587-9663, or email@example.com.
For more information, contact the AACAP Assistant Director of Training and Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-587-9663.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.