AACAP Educational Outreach Program for General Psychiatry Residents (former Travel Grant Program)
* The award is discretionary and subject to funding availability.
AACAP’s Executive Committee has approved the provision of free registration for medical student and resident AACAP members to attend the 2021 virtual AACAP Annual Meeting, along with changes to the award stipend of the Educational Outreach Program and the Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students to a one-time post-meeting payment of $200 for program recipients.
The EOP provides the opportunity for general psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience the virtual 68th AACAP Annual Meeting, October 18 – October 30, 2021. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides a post-meeting award stipend of $200.
(NOTE: The availability of these benefits is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.)
- A post-meeting payment of $200 to attend the virtual 2021 Annual Meeting
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, academic/networking sessions, an awards breakfast and focus groups.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP's 68th Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Triple Boarders at the PGY1 – PGY3 level are also eligible.
- Participants must either be members of AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP and are required to sign up as an Annual Meeting monitor.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your CV and a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: July 2, 2021
For more information contact the AACAP Department of Research, Workforce and Grants at 202-587-9663, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the AACAP Assistant Director of Training and Education at email@example.com or 202-587-9663.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.