Training and Education
The section provides educational resources about ethical issues in the education of CAP for medical students, residents and fellows.
Ethics Links Related to Training & Education
A listing of the webinars created by the AACAP Ethics Committee.
Education on ethics is essential for all aspects of child and adolescent psychiatry practice and all levels of practitioners, from students, residents to practitioners. While there are a range of approaches to teaching ethics, crucial aspects include helping participants develop a framework for: identifying and analyzing ethical issues; recognizing and determining own values and standards; and developing problem solving strategies and interventions.
- Dingle A, DeJong S, Madaan V, Ascherman L. Teaching ethics in child and adolescent psychiatry: vignette-based curriculum. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2016;12:10418. http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10418
- Dingle AD, Stuber ML. Ethics education. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2008 Jan;17(1):187-207, xi. Review. PubMed PMID: 18036486.
- Peek HS, Richards M, Muir O, Chan SR, Caton M, MacMillan C. Blogging and Social Media for Mental Health Education and Advocacy: a Review for Psychiatrists. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2015 Nov;17(11):88. doi: 10.1007/s11920-015-0629-2. Review. PubMed PMID: 26377948.
- Sondheimer A. Teaching ethics and forensic psychiatry: a national survey of child and adolescent psychiatry training programs. Acad Psychiatry. 1998 Winter;22(4):240-52. PubMed PMID: 11658168.
- Sondheimer A, Martucci LC. An approach to teaching ethics in child and adolescent psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1992 May;31(3):415-22. PubMed PMID: 1592772.