AACAP Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students, Supported by AACAP's Life Members Fund
Supported by AACAP's Life Members Fund.
*The award is discretionary and subject to funding availability.
AACAP’s Executive Committee has approved the provision of free registration for medical student and resident AACAP members to attend the 2021 virtual AACAP Annual Meeting, along with changes to the award stipend of the Educational Outreach Program and the Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students to a one-time post-meeting payment of $200 for program recipients.
Application Deadline: July 2nd, 2021
The AACAP Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students (MGMS) provides the opportunity for medical students to attend the virtual 2021 AACAP Annual Meeting, October 18 - October 30, 2021, and receive an introduction into the field of child and adolescent psychiatry through AACAP’s Annual Meeting mentorship events. The MGMS recipients program requirements include participating in programs sponsored by the Life Members, a group of the oldest and most distinguished members of AACAP, all having been members for at least 30 years. Many of those in this group served as AACAP leadership and also pioneered many of the significant discoveries and developments in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry. In collaboration with the Committee on Medical Students and Residents, this program provides participants with networking opportunities, exposure to varying specialties, and interaction with Life Members. Participation in this program provides a post-meeting award payment of $200.
- A post-meeting payment of $200 to attend the virtual 2021 Annual Meeting
- • Participation in SEVEN AACAP Annual Meeting sessions, including a Life Member co-sponsored session, the two-day Mentorship Program, and the Karl Menninger, MD, Plenary
- Applicants must be enrolled in a medical school in the United States at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting in October 2021.
- Recipients are also required to share the AACAP recruitment video, 'Be Captivated' with fellow medical students in their program within the 6 months following the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients are required to provide a thank you letter to the funder.
- Recipients are required to complete an evaluation of the experience
- Participants must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Participants must attend all AACAP Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- Medical Students must be AACAP members or pending at the time of their application to be considered.
Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting; and
- Letter of support from a faculty member or mentor.
In addition, a letter of good standing from the applicant's medical school must be sent directly to AACAP via email at email@example.com or fax at 202-587-9663.
All completed applications and attachments must be submitted by July 2nd, 2021.