AACAP Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students, Supported by AACAP's Life Members Fund
Supported by AACAP's Life Members Fund.
*The award is discretionary and subject to funding availability.
Application Deadline: July 8th, 2022
The AACAP Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students (MGMS) provides the opportunity for medical students to attend the AACAP/CACAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting, October 17 - October 22, 2022, and receive an introduction into the field of child and adolescent psychiatry through AACAP’s Annual Meeting mentorship events. The MGMS recipients program requirements include participating in programs sponsored by the Life Members, a group of the oldest and most distinguished members of AACAP, all having been members for at least 30 years. Many of those in this group served as AACAP leadership and also pioneered many of the significant discoveries and developments in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry. In collaboration with the Committee on Medical Students and Residents, this program provides participants with networking opportunities, exposure to varying specialties, and interaction with Life Members. Participation in this program provides a reimbursable post-meeting award payment of up to $1,000.
- A reimbursable post-meeting payment of up to $1,000 to attend the AACAP/CACAP 2022 Annual Meeting
- Participation in SEVEN AACAP Annual Meeting sessions, including a Life Member co-sponsored session, the two-day Mentorship Program, and the Karl Menninger, MD, Plenary
- Applicants must be enrolled in a medical school in the United States at the time of the AACAP/CACAP 2022 Annual Meeting in October 2022.
- Recipients are also required to share the AACAP recruitment video, 'Be Captivated' with fellow medical students in their program within the 6 months following the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients are required to provide a thank you letter to the funder.
- Recipients are required to complete an evaluation of the experience
- Participants must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Participants must attend all AACAP Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- Medical Students must be AACAP members or pending at the time of their application to be considered.
Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting; and
- Letter of support from a faculty member or mentor.
In addition, a letter of good standing from the applicant's medical school must be sent directly to AACAP via email at email@example.com or fax at 202-587-9663.
All completed applications and attachments must be submitted by July 8, 2022.