Title of Position: Assistant Director of Member Services
Department: Communications & Member Services
Reports to: Director of Communications & Member Services
Summary Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Communications & Member Services, the Assistant Director of Member Services is responsible for the management of membership operations, including development and implementation of member recruitment and retention strategies.
This position ensures data integrity, updates member records, analyzes membership trends, coordinates the process for all incoming orders, and develops recommendations for improved membership management and action.
The incumbent manages relationships with internal departments and committees that contribute to membership activities and has significant interaction with members, leadership, prospects, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the member services team with strategic direction, management, and guidance in recruitment and retention, and maintenance of AACAP Member records.
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of the membership department including, but not limited to, changes in coverage, applications, cancellations, payment processing, renewals, etc.
- Develops strategies for and assists with developing, implementing, and evaluating data-driven campaigns for AACAP’s membership programs and services.
- Responsible for supervising staff, budget development, financial management, data analysis, and short and long-range planning.
- Reinforces quality control and data integrity, in collaboration with the Database Manager, of all member and prospect information in the database through accurate data entry and correction through proactive monitoring and maintenance of data standard.
- Staffs assigned AACAP committees and Task Forces.
Serves as integral part of AACAP’s Regional Organization Support Team which works to improve communication, functionality, and operations of AACAP’s Regional Organizations.
- Communicates regularly with members and Regional Organizations to increase awareness of products and services through site visits, phone calls, member interviews, presentations and briefings, and interactions at conferences and meetings.
- Provides reports to Director of Communications & Member Services on developments and activities.
- Serves as Registrar for AACAP meetings, including the Annual Meeting. Duties include:
- Serves as project lead with internal staff from various departments and outside vendors to develop, improve, and manage registration process for all AACAP events.
- Ensures highest level of customer service.
- Proactively responds to and resolves registration issues and questions from staff, vendors, exhibitors, and attendees.
- Leads and develops on-site registration process and temporary staffing.
- Generates badges and registration materials.
- Manages stuffing process for registration materials.
- Trains volunteers assisting with on-site registration duties.
- Staffs on-site registration counter at AACAP conferences/meetings.
- Supervises the on-site registration process.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5-7 years related work experience with a like-size non-profit association in all or many aspects of association membership
- Minimum 4 years of management/supervisory experience
- Direct experience and strong working knowledge with all aspects of data processing
- iMIS experience and knowledge a must
- Outgoing personality. Must enjoy meeting members, new member prospects, and representing AACAP in a variety of venues.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities at once
- Able to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in MS Office