Triple Board Residency Training
A triple boarder is...
- Interested in children and family health
- Fascinated by the interactions among physical health, mental health, and community factors
- Excited to learn from faculty trained in at least three different disciplines
- Eager to take on the challenge of a combined residency program and lifelong learning
- Committed to becoming the best physician s/he can be!
What is Triple Board/PPPP Training?
- Triple Board residents spend 5 years in an integrated training program focused on pediatrics, general psychiatry, and child and adolescent psychiatry. At the end of the training, residents are board-eligible in all three disciplines.
- Post Pediatric Portal Programs begin after pediatrics residency. This post-residency program allows for integrated training in adult and child psychiatry for 3 years, and at the end of training, these residents are board eligible in all 3 disciplines as well.
- Triple Board/PPPP graduates apply a developmentally informed, biopsychosocial approach to their work in health, illness, and prevention.
- The training provides a foundation for excellence in clinical care, education, advocacy, public policy, and research.
- Most importantly, Triple Board training transcends the traditional boundaries between pediatrics and psychiatry to allow graduates to optimize the medical care of children, adults, and families.
Learn more at the Triple Board Web site