Triple Board Residency Training
A triple boarder is...
- Interested in children and family health
- Fascinated by the interactions among physical health, mental health, and community factors
- Excited to learn from faculty trained in at least three different disciplines
- Eager to take on the challenge of a combined residency program and lifelong learning
- Committed to becoming the best physician s/he can be!
What is Triple Board/PPPP Training?
- Triple Board residents spend 5 years in an integrated training program focused on pediatrics, general psychiatry, and child and adolescent psychiatry. At the end of the training, residents are board-eligible in all three disciplines.
- Post Pediatric Portal Programs begin after pediatrics residency. This post-residency program allows for integrated training in adult and child psychiatry for 3 years, and at the end of training, these residents are board eligible in all 3 disciplines as well.
- Triple Board/PPPP graduates apply a developmentally informed, biopsychosocial approach to their work in health, illness, and prevention.
- The training provides a foundation for excellence in clinical care, education, advocacy, public policy, and research.
- Most importantly, Triple Board training transcends the traditional boundaries between pediatrics and psychiatry to allow graduates to optimize the medical care of children, adults, and families.