2023 AACAP-SAMHSA Systems of Care Poster Award and Fellowship
Co-sponsored by SAMHSA’s Center for Mental Health Services, The National Training & Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC), and AACAP’s Systems of Care Committee
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the following opportunity for child and adolescent psychiatry fellows:
Clinical Poster Award (August 2023 – October 2024)
Under the mentorship of an AACAP Systems of Care Committee member, fellows will have the opportunity to develop a clinical poster based on a systems of care topic which will presented during the AACAP 2023 Annual Meeting Systems of Care Program.
Those selected will also have the option to extend the fellowship to include didactics and participation in a series of educational webinars.
- A stiped of $1,000 (plus shared funds) to support the creation of a clinical poster.
- An additional stipend of $1000 (plus shared funds) to support those who elect to extend their fellowship experience and participate in a series of Systems of Care didactics and educational webinars extending to the following year.
- The opportunity to network and be part of a learning community of colleagues focused on systems-based practice and care.
- Receive mentoring from members of AACAP's System of Care Committee.
- Applicants must be child and adolescent psychiatry fellows at the time of the 2023 AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a fellowship program in the United States; fellows in their first or second year of child fellowship training are eligible. Triple Boarders in their fourth or fifth year of training in their triple board programs are eligible.
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must participate in the virtual Special Program and at least one other Annual Meeting event sponsored by AACAP’s Systems of Care Committee.
- Recipients will have to present a poster on a Systems of Care topic/project during the Systems of Care Special Program.
- Recipients must write a brief essay on their mentorship experience and give a presentation to their program reflecting on their experience with either or both opportunities.
- The application cycle begins April 10, 2023 and closes July 30, 2023.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your Curriculum Vitae, a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Systems of Care Special Program, a poster topic form, and a letter of shared funding support from a local institution. Please note that your Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing in your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of AACAP’s Systems of Care Committee.
Letter of Shared Funding
Applicants must submit a Letter of Shared Funding that should include the following information:
- The name of the sponsoring institution/program
- The total dollar amount that will be provided to the trainee (minimum cost-share amount of $300)
- A statement indicating that documentation proving receipt of payment by the trainee will be provided to AACAP by the institution/program
- A signature on behalf of the institution/program by an authorized signer, indicating financial responsibility for the amount indicated
Oftentimes, applicants secure funding through their training program or regional organization. Applicants who have difficulty in securing local funding should contact the AACAP’s Department of Government Affairs and Clinical Practice at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance by July 30, 2023.
For a listing of previous participants of the Systems of Care Special Program Clinical Poster Projects, follow this link
The application cycle closes at 5:00 pm (EDT) on July 30, 2023.
*Residents may apply to the Systems of Care Special Program opportunity as well as those offered by the Educational Outreach Program; however, individuals cannot receive both awards at the same time.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
For more information, contact AACAP’s Clinical Practice Manager at email@example.com.