2021 Systems of Care Special Program Clinical Poster Projects
Co-sponsored by SAMHSA's Center for Mental Health Services and AACAP's Committee on Community-Based Systems of Care
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 19, 2021
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the opportunity for child and adolescent psychiatry fellows to participate in the 2021 Systems of Care Special Program Clinical poster Projects, focusing on community-based systems of care approaches to treatment of children with mental disorders.
The 2021 Systems of Care Special Program will be a virtual program taking place during this year’s AACAP’s Virtual Annual Meeting.
This year’s program aims to provide child psychiatrists and other mental health insight into factors that perpetuate and have the potential to mitigate disparate mental health outcomes for youth of color.
- $1,000 (plus shared funds)
- The opportunity to network and be part of a learning community of colleagues focused on systems-based practice and care.
- Receive mentoring from members of AACAP's System of Care Committee.
- Applicants must be child and adolescent psychiatry fellows at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting in October 2021;
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a fellowship program in the United States; fellows in their first or second year of child fellowship training are eligible. Triple Boarders in their fourth or fifth year of training in their triple board programs are eligible;
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must participate in the virtual Special Program and at least one other Annual Meeting event sponsored by AACAP’s Systems of Care Committee;
- Recipients will have to present a poster on a Systems of Care topic/project during the Systems of Care Special Program:
- Recipients must also give a presentation on what they have learned to fellows in their training programs and write a brief essay on their experience.
- The application cycle begins April 21, 2020, and closes June 28, 2021.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your Curriculum Vitae, a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Systems of Care Special Program, a poster topic form, and a letter of shared funding support from a local institution. Please note that your Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing in your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the Committee on Community-Based Systems of Care.
Letter of Shared Funding
Applicants must submit a Letter of Shared Funding that should include the following information:
- The name of the sponsoring institution/program;
- The total dollar amount that will be provided to the trainee (minimum cost-share amount of $300);
- A statement indicating that documentation proving receipt of payment by the trainee will be provided to AACAP by the institution/program;
- A signature on behalf of the institution/program by an authorized signer, indicating financial responsibility for the amount indicated.
Oftentimes, applicants secure funding through their training program or regional organization. Applicants who have difficulty in securing local funding should contact the AACAP’s Department of Government Affairs and Clinical Practice at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance by June 28, 2021.
For a listing of previous participants of the Systems of Care Special Program Clinical Poster Projects, follow this link.
The application cycle closes at 5:00 pm (EDT) on July 19, 2021.
*Residents may apply to the Systems of Care Special Program opportunity as well as those offered by the Educational Outreach Program; however, individuals cannot receive both awards at the same time.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
For more information, contact AACAP’s Clinical Practice Manager at email@example.com.