CALLING ALL EARLY CAREER CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY RESEARCHERS!
AACAP’s Research Committee is seeking applications for our first annual child and adolescent psychiatry Early Research Career Colloquium!
Occurring at AACAP’s 66th Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, October 14-19, 2019, this one- day event is a unique opportunity for up to 12 early research career child and adolescent psychiatrists to receive a full day of mentorship from leaders in the field AND to secure ongoing regular mentorship by experienced child psychiatry researchers to bolster the chances of independent grant funding as a principal investigator (PI) of a career development (K) award or other equivalent National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant.
- Opening session providing an update on the NIH’s strategic plan and
funding priorities relevant to child and adolescent psychiatrists.
- Break-out groups led by nationally recognized and experienced research
faculty from academic child and adolescent psychiatry research programs
on topics such as:
- Career development
- Identifying and networking with mentors
- Addressing specific gender and underrepresented minority issues
- Discussing practical ways to achieve work-life harmony
- Participants will present to their group and senior faculty member(s) a research proposal for review and critique.
- Closing session of networking for all attendees.
All participants will commit to attend 1-2 related Annual Meeting events and will submit a summary of their experience and an evaluation following AACAP’s Annual Meeting.
This colloquium is co-chaired by Leslie Hulvershorn, MD (Indiana University), Manpreet Singh, MD, MS (Stanford University), and Daniel Dickstein, MD (Brown University).
- MDs, DOs, MD/PhDs, or DO/PhDs
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists or triple board trained
- Current trainees or within 5 years of completing fellowship
- Interested in submitting a K or equivalent grant application within the next 3 years
- AACAP members or those with an AACAP membership application pending
Submit all application materials to email@example.com by June 3, 2019.
- Application form
- Two-page (1-inch margins, Arial 11-point font) statement of research interest. Please include the following: :
- Your background and interest in research
- Summary of draft project you will be submitting;
- What you hope to gain from the AACAP Research Colloquium
- Plan for grant submissions in the next 2 years
- One-page letter of recommendation from mentor or training director about your research potential and interest
Please contact AACAP’s Department of Research, Grants, and Workforce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.966.7300 for additional information or questions.