AACAP Robert L. Stubblefield, MD Delegate to the American Medical Association’s (AMA)
Resident and Fellow Section
The award was established through a gift from Mrs. Alice Stubblefield in honor of her late husband and former AACAP President, Robert L. Stubblefield, MD. The award supports one AACAP resident or fellow member to participate in the American Medical Association (AMA) House of Delegates as AACAP’s Resident Fellow Section delegate. The Stubblefield delegate attends the June Annual Meeting and the November Interim Meeting each year.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a child psychiatry residency, integrated training, or fellowship program; or
- Board-eligible and certified in child and adolescent psychiatry; and
- An AACAP member; and
- An AMA member.
- Funds travel (hotel and transportation) and per diem expenses to attend two AMA House of Delegate meetings, including the Annual (June) and Interim (November)meetings, each year.
- Award shall not exceed more than two consecutive years.
- If awardee is unable, ineligible, or unfit to continue serving, the awardee shall resign their position as AACAP Resident Fellow Section delegate.
- All program funds are contingent upon receipt of adequate funding from our sponsors.
- AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
Applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than September 15, 2023, and must include the following:
- A letter of intent;
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae; and
- A letter of support from chief of child and adolescent psychiatry, or department of psychiatry chair.
The awardee must attend the AMA House of Delegates Meeting and complete all the roles of the Resident and Fellow Section (RFS) Delegate. (Please note that the successful awardee will commence service after June 2023.)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for specific details on the RFS Roles and Responsibilities requirement.