AACAP Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
Deadline March 13, 2015
Nominations are now being accepted for the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)'s Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award. This award honors an individual who has made significant contributions to the field of children's mental health. Contributions may include but are not limited to philanthropy, research, entrepreneurship, advocacy, increasing awareness, acts of bravery and kindness.
The AACAP Catcher's in the Rye Humanitarian award recipient will be recognized for their impact on children's mental health at the 2015 AACAP 62nd Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX from October 26th – October 31st. Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
Humanitarian Award Nominees:
- Only AACAP members may submit nominations
- Only non-AACAP-members are eligible to receive the award
- Nominees from the San Antonio area are encouraged
Please submit the following information with the nomination:
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of nominator.
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of the nominee
- 2-3 paragraph biography or C.V. of the nominee
- 250 – 500 word explanation of why the nominee deserves the award
- If available, supporting information that would be helpful to inform the selection committee, such as a website, book, magazine or journal profile
All nominations must be submitted to the AACAP Development Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be in a Word document or PDF. Please write "AACAP 2015 Humanitarian Award Nomination" in the subject line of the email.
If you have questions about the award or the award process, please contact Alan Mark Ezagui, MHCA, AACAP Deputy Director of Development at 202.966.7300 ext. 130 or via email.