Call for Nominations for 2017 Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
AACAP Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
Deadline March 10, 2017
Nominations are now being accepted for the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)'s Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award. This award honors a non-AACAP-member who has made significant contributions to the field of children's mental health. Contributions may include, but are not limited to, philanthropy, research, entrepreneurship, advocacy, increasing awareness, and/or acts of bravery and kindness.
AACAP’s Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian award recipient will be recognized for their impact on children's mental health at the 2017 AACAP’s 64th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, from October 23-October 28. Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony at AACAP's Annual Meeting.
Humanitarian Award Nominees:
- Only AACAP members may submit nominations
- Only non-AACAP-members are eligible to receive the award
- Nominees from the Washington, DC area are encouraged
Please submit the following information with the nomination:
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of nominator
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of the nominee
- 2-3 paragraph biography or C.V. of the nominee
- 250 – 500 word explanation of why the nominee deserves the award
- If available, supporting information that would be helpful to inform the selection committee, such as a website, book, magazine or journal profile
All nominations must be submitted to the AACAP Development Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be in a Word document or PDF. Please write “AACAP 2017 Humanitarian Award Nomination” in the subject line of the email.
If you have questions about the award or the award process, please contact the AACAP Development Office at email@example.com.