Call for Nominations for 2016 Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
AACAP Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
Deadline March 11, 2016
Nominations are now being accepted for the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)'s Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award. This award honors a non-AACAP-member who has made significant contributions to the field of children's mental health. Contributions may include but are not limited to philanthropy, research, entrepreneurship, advocacy, increasing awareness, acts of bravery and kindness.
The AACAP Catcher's in the Rye Humanitarian award recipient will be recognized for their impact on children's mental health at the 2016 AACAP 63rd Annual Meeting in New York, NY from October 24th - October 29th. Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
Humanitarian Award Nominees:
- Only AACAP members may submit nominations
- Only non-AACAP-members are eligible to receive the award
- Nominees from the New York City area are encouraged
Please submit the following information with the nomination:
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of nominator
- Name and contact information, including email, phone number, and mailing address, of the nominee
- 2-3 paragraph biography or C.V. of the nominee
- 250 - 500 word explanation of why the nominee deserves the award
- If available, supporting information that would be helpful to inform the selection committee, such as a website, book, magazine or journal profile
All nominations must be submitted to the AACAP Development Office via email at email@example.com. Nominations must be in a Word document or PDF. Please write "AACAP 2016 Humanitarian Award Nomination" in the subject line of the email.
If you have questions about the award or the award process, please contact Julie Silverman, AACAP Development Coordinator at 202.966.7300 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.