Institute Goals and Overview
AACAP’s Douglas B. Hansen, MD, 43rd Annual Review Course introduces a new format and emphasis. Traditionally, the course has been a comprehensive review and update. In its online format, which will occur every other year, the course will focus on important and current topics with which child and adolescent psychiatrists should be familiar. The presenters will, as has been customary, blend important research as well as the information participants need to practice state of the art diagnosis and treatment.
Educational Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this CME activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify important issues for media use in typically developing and autism spectrum youth.
- Describe the concerns and treatment needs of transgender and gender diverse children and adolescents.
- Discuss assessment and treatment of opiate and marijuana involved youth.
- Formulate current thinking about mood disorders and irritability, outcomes related to suicidal behavior, and the contribution imaging is making to our understanding of mechanisms.
- Apply novel attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder medication management strategies and advances in genetic testing to patient care.