AACAP’s 2021 Virtual Pediatric Psychopharmacology Update Institute attempts to answer the question: “How do we select the right medication or intervention for the right patient at the right time?” This complex question reflects a shift in child and adolescent psychiatry from 'one size fits all approaches' towards precision medicine. This Institute reviews precision medicine approaches that leverage our understanding of predictors of treatment response and tolerability to select from evidence-based treatments and tailor psychopharmacologic interventions.
The meeting includes:
- Up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM .
- Flexibility to watch the content from the comfort of your home or office.
- 8 clinically relevant lectures from top speakers and researchers in psychopharmacology.
- Opportunities for live interactions with the speakers in both panel and small group settings.
Educational Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this CME activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe how psychopharmacologic treatments can be chosen based on clinical characteristics of the patient being treated.
- List pharmacogenetic factors that influence the tolerability and efficacy of psychotropic medications in youth.
- Stratify interventions based on comparative efficacy and tolerability data.