Click here to view all DevelopMentor articles, organized by topic.
- Triple What? Three Triple Board Trainees Talk about Their Training
Elizabeth Lowenhaupt, M.D.; Gary Maslow, M.D.; Emily Grossell, M.D.; and Andrea Kelly O'Leary, M.D.
- From Student to Mentor: Making a Difference in the Lives of LGBT Teens
- Making the Switch
Anita Chu, M.D. discusses her journey to a career in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Story Time Project
Dana M. Kaplan and Mariecel Pilapil Two medical students talk about the reading program they started together.
- GOOD NEWS About Child Psychiatry and the Job Market!
Wun Jung Kim, M.D., M.P.H. and Dorothy Stubbe, M.D.
- Jerry Weiner Resident Representative to Council Spring/Summer Column
Susan Milam Miller, M.D.
- Suicide and SSRI Medications in Children and Adolescents: An Update
Steven P. Cuffe, M.D.
- Mentorship Matters: Mentor and Telemachus
Prakash K. Thomas, M.D.
- Profile of a Teacher: V. Rachel Phillips, M.D.
Welcome to DevelopMentor! The DevelopMentor is a web-based newsletter of the AACAP devoted to informing medical students and general psychiatry residents about child psychiatry. We hope you find it interesting and informative. We also hope to answer your questions, connect you with a mentor, and help you explore the exciting field of child and adolescent psychiatry. The DevelopMentor web-page includes:
- Articles by prominent child psychiatrists to help you learn about our medical specialty.
- A section answering frequently asked questions about becoming a child and adolescent psychiatrist.
- An archive of previous newsletters
- A mentor program to match medical students and general psychiatry residents with child psychiatrist mentors.
We want the DevelopMentor to be interesting and useful. Please give us feedback. Let us know how we can improve the newsletter. Most of all, we hope you will be better able to decide on a future career as a child and adolescent psychiatrist. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.