- AACAP Testimony at the March 22 FDA Pediatric Advisory Committee Meeting
- AACAP Statement on FDA Advisory On Methylphenidate
- AACAP Press Release - AACAP Urges FDA to Expand Research on ADHD Medications
- FDA Statement on Adderall
- Canadian Advisory
- AACAP President's Email to Members
- Cardiovascular Monitoring of Children and Adolescents Receiving Psychotropic Drugs
American Heart Association (see Other Resources below), as reprinted in JAACAP, 1999
- APA/AACAP letter to FDA on Pediatric Antidepressant Prescription Rate Drop
- Safety and Efficacy of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) in Children and Adolescents - Report 10 of the AMA Council on Scientific Affairs
- AACAP Press Release - Coalition Offers Resources to Parents Confronting Antidepressant Issue 2/1/05
- News Advisory on Antidepressant Message to AACAP Members 11/5/04
- Antidepressant Message to AACAP Members 11/5/04
- Supplementary Information for AACAP Members 11/5/04
- Sample Letter to Families 11/5/04
- AACAP letter to FDA regarding warning on antidepressant medication 11/5/04
- FDA Announces Black Box Warning for Pediatric Antidepressant Medications 10/15/04
- Press Release - AACAP Supports Stronger Warnings Not Black Box for Antidepressants 9/30/04
- AACAP Comment on Pending Pediatric Antidepressants Warning 9/28/04
- The Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS)
- Press Release - Congressional Subcommittee to Examine Safety and Efficacy in Pediatric Antidepessant Clinical Trials 9/23/04
- Press Release - AACAP Recommends Monitoring, Research and Access in Antidepressant Use - Workforce Support Critical 9/15/04
- Laurence Greenhill, M.D. FDA statement, on child and adolescent use of antidepressants 9/14/04
- Food and Drug Administration Background Information
- Joint AACAP/APA statement on Pediatric Antidepressant Hearing 9/9/04
- Joint AACAP/APA Press Release - Leading Medical Groups Endorse Public Clinical Trials Registry 9/9/04
- Clinical Trial Registry Press Release 6/16/04
- Access to Research Data
- March 2004 FDA Advisory
- Children and SSRI Antidepressants: Information for Parents 9/27/04
Additional AACAP Resources
Facts for Families
- Psychiatric Medication for Children and Adolescents Part I: How Medications are Used
- Psychiatric Medication for Children and Adolescents Part II: Types of Medications
- Psychiatric Medications for Children and Adolescents Part III: Questions to Ask
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychotherapies for Children and Adolescents
- Policy Statement: Prescribing Psychoactive Medications for Children and Adolescents
- Policy Statement: Restrictions on the Prescribing Practices of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists by Managed Care Formularies
- Depressive Disorders
- Suicidal Behavior (and corresponding tables)
- Assessment of a Child and Adolescent
- The Use of Stimulant Medications in the Treatment of Children, Adolescents, and Adults, February 2002
Joint Testimony from the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on the FDA Drug Approval Process, March 1, 2005
Full text version
American Heart Association (AHA) Information
The AHA is a national voluntary health agency to help reduce disability and death from cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
American Psychiatric Association (APA) Information
- APA on Antidepressants (look under Spotlight)
|Depression and Antidepressants
Graham Emslie, M.D.
Professor of Psychiatry
Division Chief, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
University of Texas
Southwestern Medical Center
57th Annual Meeting
October 26-31, 2010
New York, NY
Hilton New York
Call for Papers
The submission deadline for AACAP's Annual Meeting Call for Papers is Tuesday, February 16, 2010 or Tuesday, June 15, 2010 for late New Research Posters. All submissions must be made online. Click here for complete details and to start a submission.
The Annual Meeting Preliminary Schedule will be available online on June 15, 2010. The Registration Magazine with full program details will be mailed to all members in August. If you would like to be added to this mailing list, please contact Nelson Tejada at email@example.com.
Registration for the Annual Meeting will open in August.
The host hotels for AACAP's 57th Annual Meeting are the Hilton New York and Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. The room block is not open to make reservations for the Annual Meeting and rates have not been confirmed. Check back in February for more information.
Sign Up to be a Monitor!
Attention: Residents, Trainees, Medical and Other Students
Would you like to receive a FREE Annual Meeting Registration?
If so, serve as a MONITOR for one full day to receive free registration for the 57th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Check back on this site in May to sign up to be a Monitor.
Exhibit and Advertising Opportunities
Interested in exhibiting or advertising at AACAP's Annual Meeting? If so, contact Lindsay Schlauch at 202.966.7300, ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.