What is AACAP doing for its members to assist with the self-assessment and CME requirements?
To assist members in demonstrating the lifelong learning requirement as well as preparing for the cognitive examination, the AACAP Lifelong Learning Committee prepared educational opportunities targeted to those engaged in the maintenance of certification effort.
Educational opportunities provided by AACAP to help you fulfill these self-assessment and CME requirements include:
- Lifelong Learning Modules
- A series of lifelong learning modules developed each year over a 10-year period on specific disorders. Each module includes relevant literature on targeted topics in child and adolescent psychiatry and seminal articles on the latest research in the field. It also includes a self-assessment exam on the topics covered for category 1 CME credit.
- Featured Articles*
- Click here to download the AACAP publication order form
- Annual Meeting
- Specialized Institute at the Annual Meeting devoted to the topic of the module and the latest research in the field.
- Lifelong Learning Institute
- Solely devoted to reviews of the most recently published module.
How are the articles for the module selected?
All AACAP members are encouraged to nominate articles for inclusion in all future modules. For a list of future modules, click here. If you come across any pertinent articles you feel would be valuable for this effort, please email the full article reference to Elizabeth Hughes at email@example.com. Primary criteria for these articles include:
- the article is practical and relevant to the practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist, and
- it is an article all practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist should read.
Denotes Adobe PDF file
Click here to download Adobe Reader for PDF files