Supported by the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Endowment, Shire, and the Life Members Fund.
The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding
Application Deadline: July 12, 2013
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Educational Outreach Program (EOP) for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry residents.
The EOP provides the opportunity for child and adolescent psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience the AACAP Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL, October 22 – October 27, 2013. Participants will be exposed to the breadth and depth of the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(Please note that the availability of these benefits are contingent upon receipt of adequate funding from AACAP)
- Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL. This includes airfare, hotel, and meals (max. $75/day). Applicants will be required to provide documentation of travel expenses in order to receive AACAP reimbursement.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, a breakfast program specifically designed for trainees, networking sessions, an award luncheon, and focus groups.
- Applicants must be child and adolescent psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting in October 2013.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first or second year of child fellowship training are eligible. Triple Boarders in their fourth or fifth year of training in their triple board programs are eligible.
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- While past Educational Outreach Program awardees are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your Curriculum Vitae, a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting, and a letter of shared funding support from a local institution. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applicants must submit a Letter of Shared Funding that should include the following information:
- The name of the sponsoring institution/program;
- The total dollar amount that will be provided to the trainee (minimum cost-share amount of $300);
- A statement indicating that documentation proving receipt of payment by the trainee will be provided to AACAP by the institution/program;
- A signature on behalf of the institution/program by an authorized signer, indicating financial responsibility for the amount indicated.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EDT) on July 12, 2013 for consideration.
*Please note that the availability of this award is contingent on funding. Applicants have the option to opt out of pharmaceutical funding.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
For more information, contact the AACAP Training and Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)587-9663.
denotes Adobe PDF document
Click here to download the free Adobe Reader for PDF files