Not a member? Join AACAP today!
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) focuses on providing child and adolescent psychiatrists the resources they need in order to promote mentally healthy children, adolescents, and families. By joining, you will become part of a member community comprised of over 8,000 child and adolescent psychiatrists from the United States and abroad.
AACAP is a professional medical organization committed to leading its membership through collective action, peer support, continuing education, and mobilization of resources. Our diverse membership embodies the wide range of facets within the field of child and adolescent psychiatry including: research, training, advocacy, prevention, comprehensive diagnosis and treatment, peer support, and collaboration.
For membership information, the benefits of being an AACAP member, and to complete a membership application, select one of the following statements.
- I am a child and adolescent psychiatrist who completed training in the United States.
- I am a child and adolescent psychiatrist living abroad who did not complete my training in the United States.
- I am a physician who is not a child and adolescent psychiatrist but am making contributions to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry.
- I am a resident currently completing my child and adolescent psychiatry training, general psychiatry training, pediatric training, or other training.
- I am a medical student interested in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Learn more about our organization and our mission:
- About the AACAP - Our Mission
- Frequently Asked Questions about Membership
- AACAP Bylaws
- AACAP Code of Ethics
- Regional Organizations of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Not interested in joining AACAP? Create a web account and stay in-the-know about AACAP meetings, products, publications, and services.