Lifelong Learning Modules
The Lifelong Learning modules are one way in which AACAP aids members in the recertification process. Each module consists of approximately 30 journal articles, chosen by the Lifelong Learning Committee, that serve to educate individuals on important topics in child and adolescent psychiatry. Included in each module is a pre- and/or post-test that allows individuals to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and ABPN-approved self-assessment activity credits. Please click on the links below for a list of articles that are featured in each module.
- Currently Available Modules - List of References
- Module 7: Neuroscience, Pediatric and Neurologic Consultative Issues, Bereavement, Death and Dying, Deaf, Medical/Psychiatric Interface (Factitious Disorders, Sleep Disorders, Somatoform Disorders) and Relevant Updates for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Module 8: Modalities of Non-Pharmacological Treatments and Relevant Updates for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Module 9: Typical and Atypical Development in Childhood and Adolescence: Protective and Risk Factors, and Relevant Updates for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Expired Module Reference Lists
- Module 1: Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Violence and Homicide, and Updates on Relevant Topics for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Module 2: Eating Disorders, Feeding/Elimination Disorders, and Substance-related Disorders, and Updates on Relevant Topics for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Module 3: Anxiety Disorders, Trauma (Non-Abuse/Neglect-Related), Selective Mutism, and Updates on Relevant Topics for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Module 4: Schools, Forensics, Community Systems of Care, Consultative Issues, Ethics, Culture, Public Policy/Advocacy and Updates on Relevant Topics for Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- List of Future Modules
- Click here to order your Modules online
- Click here to download a Lifelong Learning Module Publication Order Form
How are the articles for the module selected?
All AACAP members are encouraged to nominate articles for inclusion in all future modules. For a list of future modules, click here. If you come across any pertinent articles you feel would be valuable for this effort, please email the full article reference to Elizabeth Hughes at email@example.com. When submitting an article, make sure that it is:
- practical and relevant to the practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist, and
- an article that all practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist should read.
Performance in Practice (PIP) Tools (Available to Members Only)
AACAP's Lifelong Learning Committee has developed a series of checklists and surveys to help fulfill the PIP component of your maintenance of certification requirements.
Meetings and Online CME
Do you need help keeping track of you recertification status?
Sign up and log in to ABPN's Physician Folios. The ABPN Physician Folios offers a single source to store all information pertinent to a physician during all the various stages of their relationship with the ABPN. Additionally, use the Folios to make updates to personal contact information, update your medical license information, and apply and pay for examinations.