The AACAP reserves the right to require any exhibitor to remove an exhibit or any part of an exhibit which, in the sole judgment of the AACAP, is misleading or deceptive, in poor taste, disruptive to other exhibitors, or unsuitable to or not in keeping with the character and objectives of the conference.
The AACAP also reserves the right to refuse space to any organization, individual, company, etc. that it deems inappropriate.
Liability and Insurance
The AACAP is not responsible for injury, loss, or damage that may occur to exhibitors, their employees, or property prior to or during this meeting. The exhibitor, upon signing the application form, expressly releases the AACAP and their employees from liability, and the exhibitor further agrees to indemnify same against any and all claims due to such injury, loss, or damage.
Each exhibitor must provide for safeguarding of their goods, materials, equipment, personnel, and display at all times. General security will be provided by the AACAP for the set-up and duration of the exhibit show. The AACAP strongly recommends that each exhibitor secure a rider policy for items during transportation to and from this meeting, as well as during installation, exhibit show days, and dismantling.
The exhibitor assumes entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of injury or damage to exhibitor’s displays, equipment, and other property brought upon the premises of the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Hotel, the AACAP, and their employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
Submit full payment of the booth rental cost with this application. Applications without full payment will not be processed. Payment must be received with your application.
Booth reservations may be cancelled and a refund issued, less 50%, prior to August 21, 2009. Cancellation after August 21, 2009 obligates the exhibitor to pay full rental. No refunds will be made after this date unless the space has been resold; then a 50% refund will be issued.
Sales are permitted in the exhibit area. It is the responsibility of vendors making sales in the AACAP exhibit space to comply with state, local, and federal regulations and to pay appropriate taxes, including local sales taxes.
Booth size is 8’ x 10’. Standard construction will be a 10’ high backdrop with 3’ high fabric side dividers. A standard booth sign 7” x 44”, of two lines with organization name, city, state, and booth number will be furnished.
- In the event the exhibitor fails to install the display by Wednesday, October 28 at 9:00 a.m., fails to pay the full space rental at the time specified, or fails to comply with any provisions concerning the use of display space, the AACAP will have the right to take possession of the said space and resell it, or any part thereof.
- All demonstrations, sales activities, and distribution of circulars and promotional materials must be pre-approved by the AACAP in writing, and confined to the limits of the exhibitor’s booth, except that which is specifically authorized by the AACAP. Any advertising premium or novelty give-away must be items that can be used in the professional activities of the booth visitor and must be of modest value. Exhibitors must display only goods manufactured or dealt within their regular course of business, unless otherwise approved by the AACAP. Food giveaways must be modest and pre-approved by both AACAP and Hotel.
- Exhibits which include operation of audio-visual equipment or any noisemaking machines may not operate the equipment in a manner that will disturb other exhibitors and their patrons. If an exhibit is determined to be disruptive by the AACAP, the exhibitor will be asked to cooperate in resolving the disruption. If proper action is not taken by the exhibitor, the AACAP reserves the right to take disciplinary action.
- No copyrighted music is to be played.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to dismantle or abandon their booths before the show officially ends. If this occurs, AACAP reserves the right to take disciplinary action.
- In addition to these rules, all exhibitors must follow the regulations set forth in the Operating Principles for Extramural Support of the Annual Meeting at www.aacap.org.
- All island booths must submit a floor plan to the AACAP for preapproval by September 18, 2009.
Shipping and Storage
Shipments should be received and stored by the official drayage company (Shepard Exposition Services) prior to the Annual Meeting. Delivery of the shipment to the booth, removal of the empty crates to storage, return of empty crates at the close of the show, and delivery of your shipment to the loading platform will be provided by the official drayage agent at the prevailing rates. A drayage information rate sheet will be included in the exhibitor’s kit. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to mark and label their own crates/boxes.