In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, AACAP is implementing a number of new initiatives that you will see at the Annual Meeting. Below are highlights of these new programs.
- Online Book of Scientific Procedings
- New this year, AACAP is providing members and Annual Meeting attendees a “greener” way to access scientific session abstracts online. This easy-to-use, searchable format will be available starting in early October so that you can prepare your schedule in advance. Also available will be a downloadable version of the 2009 Book of Scientific Proceedings, so that you can save a copy to your computer from home, and then access it while onsite at the meeting without the internet. For those of you who still like the print version, you will have the opportunity to pre-order a free copy during the registration process.
- Recyclable Registration Bags
- This year, the AACAP registration bags will be made from 100% recyclable material.
- Electronic Registration Confirmations
- You spoke, AACAP listened. This year, meeting attendees can avoid the long wait time to receive registration confirmations via snail mail. All you’ll have to do is confirm your email address when you register and you will receive your confirmation electronically shortly after registering for the Annual Meeting!
- Downloadable Institute Notebooks
- Interested in attending an Institute? Institutes typically come with printed notebooks, but this year, we will also provide a PDF file of the entire notebook in advance of the meeting. This will allow you to review the information before arriving in Hawai’i, and will reduce the number of notebooks that need to be printed. For those of you who still like the print version, you will have the opportunity to pre-order your Institute Notebook during the registration process.
- Recycled Paper for this Registration Magazine
- This Registration Magazine is printed on recycled paper that is approved by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Online General Evaluations
- In another effort to reduce the amount of paper at the Annual Meeting, the General Evaluation Forms will be emailed to all attendees immediately after the meeting to be completed online. Once the evaluation is completed, attendees will be able to print or save the CME Certificate from home.
- Electronic Access to Speaker Handouts
- Based on past Annual Meeting evaluations, attendees have told us that they would like to receive more handouts, but speakers aren’t always able to provide copies for everyone. This year, speakers on all Clinical Case Conferences, Clinical Perspectives, Honors Presentations, Media Theatre, Member Fora, and Symposia will have the ability to upload their handouts and PowerPoint slides to a website that can be accessed by all Annual Meeting attendees before, during, and after the meeting.
If you have seen other green initiatives implemented at another meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so we can improve our efforts.