As a member of the 1953 Society, you are connected by a shared purpose, one that envisions your AACAP powering the global progress child psychiatrists are achieving for children with mental illnesses.
You are connected by the idea that every child has big dreams. And, that mental illness should not, and must not stand in their way of achieving them. Because what child psychiatrists do is the difference between a life of wasted potential, and a life where a child’s full potential is unleashed.
As a member of the 1953 Society, among the benefits you will receive currently include:
- A 1953 Society Pin.
- Recognition in AACAP publications, including AACAP News, Annual Report, Registration Magazine, Life Members eNewsletter, and AACAP News Clips.
(NOTE: Your recognition is with permission only, and will never specify the details of your plan).
- Exclusive advance invitations to AACAP special events.
- Permanent listing on special 1953 Society page on AACAP website.
- A certificate of your membership in this extraordinary Society.
- Periodic estate planning updates.
- Invitation to a special President’s luncheon/dinner at AACAP’s Annual Meeting.
1953 Society Founding Member
All 1953 Society gifts between November 1, 2013 and October 31, 2014 will be given the status of Founding Member.
Your eligibility is based on notifying us of your bequest or estate gift intention between November 1, 2013 and October 31, 2014. It is not based on the date of the gift itself.
Thus, for example, you may have amended your will in 2012 to include AACAP as a beneficiary, but, you elected not to notify us. If you choose to now notify us between the two dates listed, then you will become a Founding Member of the 1953 Society.
Please call the Office of Development to discuss how you can become a member of the 1953 Society. If you have already named AACAP as a beneficiary of a bequest or estate gift, please let us know through our online donor intent form so that we can welcome you as a member.