Available to physicians living outside of the United States who devote the majority of their professional activity to child and adolescent psychiatry; and have been certified in child and adolescent psychiatry and completed general psychiatry training.
Membership Application Requirements
- Completed and signed membership application
- Total membership fees
- 2 professional activity verification forms completed by AACAP members
(Note: Application form is at the bottom of the page.)
- $305 annual membership fee*
- $45 one-time application processing fee
*Applications submitted after June 30th are only required to pay half of the annual membership fee for the current year.
Explore the Benefits of Corresponding Membership
- Annual subscription to the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, including online access to the complete JAACAP archive library and access to published articles available before print.
- Significant discounts on superior liability insurance as provided by the American Professional Agency, Inc. offering lowered premiums available only to AACAP members.
- Annual subscription to AACAP News, the highly informative and topical bi-monthly members-only magazine. Members also have online access to features available through AACAP.org.
- Free online access to the Child and Adolescent Clinics of North America, including expert reviews on current, practical information on the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric conditions affecting children and adolescents (does not include 8 most recent issues).
- Diverse variety of flexible CME opportunities, including the Annual Meeting, JAACAP articles, and Lifelong Learning Institutes.
- Daily AACAP News Clips offering news regarding children, adolescents and families' mental health services and issues from around the world wide web.
- Invaluable resources to manage providing health care, financing, and Systems of Care, including the CPT Codes Information and Module, online webinars, and access to service instruments such as the CASII and ECSII.
- Substantially reduced registration fees for the AACAP Annual Meeting as well as other AACAP-sponsored meetings. Members also enjoy access to past annual meeting proceedings abstracts.
- Career advancing opportunities using JobSource, our popular members-only online resource for job searches and placement.
- Member listing in the Membership Directory and the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder, the online referral directory available to the public. Note: the Membership Directory is only available to AACAP members.
- Online access to members-only services on AACAP.org.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Utilize available funds and awards to support research, training, and initiatives to foster the development of early career psychiatrists.
- Participate in the peer review process of the AACAP guidelines, Practice Parameters, designed to assist physicians in providing high quality assessment and treatment.
- Advocate on behalf of the children and families affected by mental illness. AACAP offers support and tools for state and national advocacy covering issues relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry, including the Legislative Action Center.
- Learn about the influences for access to care for mental illnesses and gain support in meeting the daily challenges of a changing healthcare environment. The AACAP offers assistance to members by providing a wide variety of practice information, including resources that can be used in practice or for families.
- Volunteer to serve on any of the committees, task forces, work groups, or special interest groups available through AACAP.
- Connect with culturally diverse families by taking advantage of AACAP resources made available in a variety of languages, including English, Spanish, German, French, Malaysian, Polish, and Icelandic.
- Contribute and help AACAP promote the healthy development of children, adolescents, and families through research, training, prevention, comprehensive diagnosis and treatment and to meet the professional needs of child and adolescent psychiatrists throughout their careers.
There are two easy ways to join the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.