What to Do in Orlando!
Are you looking to submerge yourself in Disney, or do you want to get off the beaten path? Good news, we have found something for everyone!
Local Arrangements Committee Resources
Local Arrangements Committee members Ayesha Lall, M.D. and Manal Durgin, M.D., members of the 2013 Orlando Local Arrangements Committee, have generated user friendly guides to Orlando restaurants and family friendly activities in Orlando!
If you're ready to get the total Disney experience, look no further! Walt Disney World has one-of-a-kind restaurants, thrilling rides, cultural exhibits, and fantastic shopping to say the least! This family-friendly resort has something for everyone. The only problem you might have is deciding where to start (after you've attended all of the scientific sessions, of course)!
- Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park: Encounter exotic animals and exciting adventures at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, the largest animal theme park in the world. Home to more than 1,700 animals across 250 species, the park reflects Walt Disney's dedication to conservation and is committed to animal care, education and research.
- Disney's BoardWalk: Experience the timeless charm of Disney's BoardWalk, a quarter-mile promenade of exquisite dining, unique shops and exciting nightlife. Stroll along the water's edge, play afternoon midway games and discover evening street performers.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios®: Movie magic comes to life at Disney's Hollywood Studios®, awash in the glitz and glamour of Hollywood's Golden Age. Step into the action with attractions based on blockbuster movies and top TV shows, and delight in exciting entertainment that puts you center stage.
- Downtown Disney®: World-class restaurants, dazzling entertainment, and unique shops line the waterfront at Downtown Disney®. Shop in the world's largest Disney store, dine amid life-size prehistoric creatures, bowl a game at the 30-lane alley and more.
- Epcot®: Discover exciting attractions, enchanting international pavilions and award-winning fireworks. Celebrating the human spirit, Epcot® has 2 distinct realms: Future World, which features technological innovations, and World Showcase, which shares with Guests the culture and cuisine of 11 countries. Epcot® is the park closest to the Walt Disney World Dolphin hotel, just a 10 minute walk.
- Magic Kingdom® Park: Fairytale dreams come true for children of all ages at Magic Kingdom® Park. Delight in classic attractions, enchanting fireworks, musical parades and beloved Disney Characters across 6 whimsical lands.
- Shops: Disney has over 200 stores where you'll find all the Mickey Ears, Disney apparel, and accessories you need! Don't forget, Disney also has stores with fine food, spirits, art, and collectibles as well!
- Spas & Fitness Centers: With 10 different spas and fitness centers, you'll be able to pump up, work out, and relax!
As an Annual Meeting attendee, Disney offers special rates for Park admission. Visit http://www.mydisneymeetings.com/aacap/ to purchase Disney tickets for you and your family.
Other Orlando Attractions
If you're ready to see the other amazing experiences that Orlando has to offer, hop in your rental car and check out more restaurants, shopping, and theme parks just 20 minutes away!
- Convention Area: A diverse selection of restaurants and nearly endless options means there's something here for everyone. You'll find familiar haunts like the Improv Comedy Club and The Oceanaire Seafood Room, as well as local favorites like the Funk Monkey Wine Club. (Approx. 20 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
- Downtown Orlando: With a sizable skyline, downtown Orlando is both a vibrant entertainment district and a collection of trendy neighborhoods. (Approx. 25 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
- Restaurant Row: This stretch of Sand Lake Road serves up some of the finest fare Orlando has to offer at more than two dozen upscale and casual restaurants. From Polynesian-fusion to dry-aged steak and live jazz, you're sure to have a unique dining experience! (Approx. 20 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
- SeaWorld Orlando: Think that you'll just be seeing Shamu at SeaWorld? Think again! Not only are there animal exhibits, but rides, shows, and other exclusive park experiences like behind-the-scenes tours and up-close experiences. (Approx. 15 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
- Universal Orlando® Resort: By day, you'll experience more than 25 amazing rides and attractions, including Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®, and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem! By night, the CityWalk® entertainment complex at Universal offers an electrifying selection of dining and nightlife experiences for every palate and level of excitement. (Approx. 20 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
- Winter Park: New-world sophistication meets old-world charm in Winter Park, a picturesque city where arts and culture are part of everyday life. You'll enjoy chic bistros, fine dining, gastropubs, trendy wine rooms, museums, art galleries, and specialty boutiques. (Approx. 40 minutes from Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel)
Celebrate Halloween Early in Orlando!
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween: Don your favorite costume and get ready to trick-or-treat at this Halloween-themed event held in Magic Kingdom theme park!
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular: An ocean of Halloween fun for the whole family!
- Universal Orlando®’s Halloween Horror Nights: This premier Halloween event has an all-new haunted house, spine-chilling street experiences, and outrageous live shows. (Event may be too intense for young children and is not recommended for children under the age of 13. No costumes or masks allowed.)
- Legoland’s Brick-or-Treat: This spooky, kooky event features themed treat stations with candy, snacks, and a few surprises along the way!
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens Zoo Boo Bash: Trick or treat in the wildest neighborhood in town! It’s a safe and fun event for the young and old. Kids are invited to bring good bags and wear costumes. There will be face painting, a haunted hayride, photos at the pumpkin patch, and live animal demonstrations.
For more information about Disney, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/. For more information about other Orlando attractions, visit: http://aacap.orlandomeetinginfo.com/.