AACAP Educational Outreach Program for Residents in Alcohol Research
Sponsored by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)*
The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.
Application Deadline: July 12, 2012
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Educational Outreach Program (EOP) for Residents in Alcohol Research.
The EOP provides the opportunity for up to 10 child and adolescent psychiatry and general psychiatry residents to pursue advanced knowledge in adolescent alcohol research. The program also allows residents to expand their knowledge of adolescent alcohol-related issues by attending the AACAP Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA, October 23 - October 28, 2012. EOP recipients will meet with an assigned alcohol research mentor and with a representative from NIAAA at the AACAP Annual Meeting to encourage mentorship connections and career development.
Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(Please note that the availability of these benefits are contingent upon receipt of adequate funding from NIAAA)
- Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
- One free ticket to attend one Institute at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- One free ticket to attend one Workshop at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, networking sessions, an awards luncheon and focus groups.
- Applicants must be child and adolescent psychiatry or general psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a child and adolescent psychiatry, general psychiatry, or triple board residency program in the United States.
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application, upload your CV, and submit a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EDT) on July 12, 2013 for consideration.
The application for 2012 is closed. Please check back again in 2013.
*Please note that the availability of this award is contingent on funding from NIAAA.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
For more information, contact the AACAP Training and Education Manager at email@example.com or (202)587-9663.