Sponsored by Shire, Inc *
The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.
Application Deadline: July 13, 2015
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Educational Outreach Program (EOP) for General Psychiatry residents.
The EOP provides the opportunity for general psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience the AACAP Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX, October 26 - October 31, 2015. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(Please note that the availability of these benefits are contingent upon receipt of adequate funding from Shire, Inc)
- Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX.
- One free ticket to attend one Institute at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- One free ticket to attend one Workshop at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, networking sessions, an awards luncheon and focus groups.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your CV and a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT) on July 13, 2015 for consideration.
Check back in 2015 to apply!
*Please note that the availability of this award is contingent on funding from Shire, Inc.
AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
For more information, contact the AACAP Assistant Director of Training and Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)587-9663.