AACAP Educational Outreach Program for General Psychiatry Residents (former Travel Grant Program)
* The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Educational Outreach Program (EOP) for General Psychiatry residents.
The EOP provides the opportunity for general psychiatry residents to receive a formal overview to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, establish child and adolescent psychiatrists as mentors and experience the AACAP Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, October 23 – October 28, 2017. Participants will be exposed to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry, including research opportunities, access to mentors, and various networking opportunities. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(NOTE: The availability of these benefits are contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.)
- Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- One free ticket to attend one Institute at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- One free ticket to attend one Workshop at the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events for residents, including a mentorship program, networking sessions, an awards luncheon and focus groups.
- Applicants must be general psychiatry residents at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a residency program in the United States; residents in their first, second or third year of general psychiatry training are eligible.
- Triple Boarders at the PGY1 – PGY3 level are also eligible.
- Participants must either be members of the AACAP or have a membership application pending at the time of application.
- Participants must attend all Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- While past Educational Outreach Program recipients are eligible to apply, priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload your CV and a personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting. Your Residency Program Director must also upload a completed form indicating good standing from your training program.
- Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT) on June 30, 2017 for consideration. AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.
Application is now open. Begin a submission:
For more information contact the AACAP Department of Research, Workforce and Grants at 202-587-9663, or firstname.lastname@example.org.