AACAP Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students
Supported by AACAP's Life Members Fund.
*The availability of all awards is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding.
Application Deadline: TBD
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) is pleased to announce the Life Members Mentorship Grants for Medical Students (MGM).
The MGM provides the opportunity for medical students to attend the AACAP Annual Meeting in New York, NY, October 24 - October 29, 2016 and receive an introduction into the field of child and adolescent psychiatry through the AACAP Mentorship Program. MGM recipients also participate in programs sponsored by the Life Members, which is a group of the oldest and most distinguished members of AACAP, all having been members for at least 30 years. Many of those in this group served as AACAP leadership and also pioneered many of the significant discoveries and developments in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry. Partnered with the Mentorship Program, this program provides participants with networking opportunities, exposure to varying specialties, and interaction with Life Members. Participation in this program provides up to $1,000 for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting.
(NOTE: The availability of these benefits is contingent upon receipt of adequate funding from AACAP.)
- Up to $1,000 reimbursement for travel expenses to the AACAP Annual Meeting in New York, NY. This includes airfare, hotel, and meals (max. $75/day). Applicants will be required to provide documentation of travel expenses in order to receive AACAP reimbursement.
- Participation in various AACAP Annual Meeting events, including the Mentorship Program, an awards luncheon, the Career Development Forum, the Life Members Wisdom Clinical Perspectives, and the Life Members Reception and Dinner.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a medical school in the United States at the time of the AACAP Annual Meeting in October 2016.
- Recipients are also required to share the AACAP recruitment video with fellow medical students in their program within the 6 months following the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients are required to write a follow up report on the experience that they would be encouraged to submit to their program's listserv and/or website and share a copy of this with AACAP.
- Participants must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Participants must attend all AACAP Annual Meeting events specified by AACAP.
- Medical Students must be AACAP members or pending at the time of their application to be considered.
- Use the online awards system to complete your application and to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal statement articulating a compelling reason for wanting to attend the Annual Meeting; and
- Letter of support from a faculty member or mentor.
In addition, a letter of good standing from the applicant's medical school must be sent directly to AACAP via email at email@example.com or fax at 202-966-5894.
Please see complete detailed instructions on the online awards system by clicking on the link below.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT) on July 13, 2016 for consideration. *Please note that the availability of this award is contingent on funding from AACAP. AACAP reserves the right to waive liabilities.