AACAP Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award
Deadline March 17, 2014
Nominations are now being accepted for the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)'s Catchers in the Rye Humanitarian Award. This award honors an individual who has made significant contributions to the field of children's mental health. Contributions may include but are not limited to advocacy, increasing awareness, entrepreneurship, philanthropy, research, and/or acts of bravery/kindness.
The AACAP Catcher's in the Rye Humanitarian award recipient will be recognized for their impact on children's mental health at the 2014 AACAP 61st Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA from October 20th – 25th. Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
Please submit the following information with the nomination:
- Name and contact information (email, phone number, and mailing address) of the nominee;
- 2-3 paragraph biography or C.V. of the nominee;
- 250 minimum word explanation of why the nominee deserves the award;
- If available, supporting information that would be helpful to inform the selection committee (a website, book(s), magazine or journal profiles/articles, etc.); and
- Name and contact information (email, phone number, and mailing address) of nominator.
While not required, nominees from the San Diego area and/or the West Coast are encouraged.
Only AACAP members may submit nominations, but the award is open to the public.
All nominations must be submitted to the AACAP Development Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be in a Word document or PDF. Please write 'AACAP 2014 Humanitarian Award Nomination' in the subject line of the email.
If you have questions about the award or the award process, please contact Alan Mark Ezagui, MHCA, AACAP Deputy Director of Development at 202.966.7300 ext. 130 or email@example.com.